Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All in One Room

This past weekend we drove up to Sacramento to go to my cousin Elise's wedding. It was a good time, and Finn and Graham were the only kids there out of maybe 150 people. They got a lot of attention from my grandparents, parents, my sister Jeanna, and many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Here is Graham with his great grandpa, Papa Joe. (Thanks to my aunt Sue for the pic.) Graham is 7 months old now!

The rough part of the trip was the night in the hotel room, which the 4 of us shared. Finn had his own double bed and Graham had a crib. Finn certainly took advantage of having us nearby. He woke up many times to ask what Graham was doing, or to have me "clean his face." Eventually I just moved over into his bed, but that just made things worse because then he could kick me when he was sleeping. So I probably slept 3 hours. Graham did great though! The plan is to move Graham's crib into "Finn's room" on Saturday, since both boys can now sleep the whole night til around 6 a.m. Yay! We'll keep you posted on how that goes.

On another topic: I had always gotten the impression that little kids didn't really listen to what their parents talked about to each other, so that you could just talk about adult stuff pretty easily. Not with Finn. He wants to know what is going on. "What is daddy talking about? What is mommy talking about?" He doesn't want to be left out!

I'm going to Cornell University to give a talk, so I'll be out of town for 2 1/2 days. If I hustle back from the airport on Friday I can see my boys just before they go to bed.

No comments: