Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cute and chubba

Graham and I had a nice Friday together yesterday. We sat outside and read. We played on the couch. We ate. He cheered me on at the UCSC intramural softball game. (I just played DH so I wouldn't have to leave him on his blanket for long stretches.) He was a big fan of the intermittent clapping. He likes clapping, generally.

Peekaboo-type games are certainly a favorite. Here are Graham and I, from my "secret" camera on the couch armrest.

Happy Graham! from Jonathan Fortney on Vimeo.


Two hours ago we moved Graham's crib from the dining room (just outside our door) to Finn's room, now making it Finn & Graham's room. So they'll sleep in the same room tonight! Or at least they'll be in there together, yelling. They both go to sleep around 7:40 or so, and wake up around 6. So it should work out reasonably well, since neither of the boys wake up much at night. Actually Graham prefers a 5:30 a.m. wake up, so that could be our (only?) problem. We explained to Finn that he should keep sleeping if Graham wakes up, but I'm sure there will be some adjustment period. After that settles in, I think it'll be time to move onto potty training, as Finn will be 2 1/2 next week. Joy!

On Thursday I took a vacation day (of sorts) and we went to Happy Hollow, a little kids zoo and amusement park in San Jose. Finn has now been there 3 times in the past month. He liked this ride a lot because you got a steering wheel AND a bell. Actually, Thanks to Katie for taking this with her camera phone.

Although REALLY, he spent most of his time brushing the goats. We were in there at least a half an hour. What can I say, the kid loves animals!

No comments: