We had a great Easter, and a very full Easter weekend. Finn's been asking for Easter eggs for dinner for at least a month now, and I had to hide his egg dyeing kit so he'd stop asking every 5 minutes, so he was pretty excited when the time actually came to do eggs. Here he is in action with Jonathan, along with a few shots of Graham looking on.
Easter eggs, 2010 from Katie on Vimeo.
In case the four minute video is too much for you, here are some stills, and if it's not enough, you can watch last year's video of 1-year-old Finn doing the same thing.
The bottom right photo is Finn with Jonathan's emu egg (what can't you get at the Mountain View farmers market?), which he was extremely excited about... and may have later broken. Ahem.
I spent most of the day happily buzzing about the kitchen making pies, hard boiled eggs, cookies, sauce for rhubarb bellinis, and everyone's April favorite, egg salad.
I was particularly excited about the pies, because the Reeves-Fortneys, who we always spend Easter with, are rhubarb people, so I can go all out on the rhubarb. I made my usual favorite rhubarb custard, and a raspberry-blackberry-rhubarb I've been promising to try for Jonathan for a couple years now. I also did two different crusts to see whether the easier one I've been making for the past couple years was really as good as the more labor-intensive mostly-butter version I used to make all the time. (The next day's tasting panel results indicate a solid "probably.")
Then the boys went to bed, and got up to find their Easter baskets and a modest egg hunt. Finn was impressed that the Easter Bunny had eaten the celery we left him, but only for about 5 seconds. Graham was excited to be awake and surrounded once again by his family.
Finn was an absolute wreck after his chocolate binge (a whopping 3 Lindt chocolate bunnies), to the extent that we're going to try to keep it away from him in the near future. Seriously, unprecedented screaming fits brought on by things we usually do all the time. Ah, well, More for me!
Then we went to the Reeves-Fortneys' in Salinas for yet another excellent Easter dinner, and suddenly the weekend was over. Graham had his 6-month checkup first thing Monday morning, but that's another post, because I need to update the chart first.
No comments:
Post a Comment