After food-buying Finn ran around like a silly maniac and talked to and petted about 10 dogs. If they bark at him he growls back. I wish I was joking. He also likes to squat down really low so that he can look at the dogs eye to eye. Petting them is often unnecessary, but he will occasionally follow my lead.
Finn and Katie decided to rest on the bed a bit and catch up on their reading while I started packing for my 2-day trip to Pasadena for an astronomy conference. A standard Sunday night, right?
Ah, that's a great one. It's the pic that keeps on giving. He likes to act grown up. My flight is delayed, which is why I'm blogging now--I should be at the airport. The car service wasn't too happy when I told them to come back in 90 minutes. I'll give them a big tip.
AND...we hadn't seen Mona in 48 hours, since we'd left to go out to dinner with Rolo and Brittany Friday night, and we were starting to get pretty upset. I rode around on my bike for 45 minutes yesterday calling her name. Tonight I decided to walk around the neighbor's giant yard (where she likes to explore) for a few minutes and do the same. No luck. But then a few minutes later, Miss Frisky showed up on the front porch! So it worked. Who knows where she was---maybe she found a good spot in their yard and ignored all my previous calls. I think she'll be an indoor cat again for awhile. Mona!
2 comments:
That's a fantastic photo.
And it was only slightly staged. Finn was sitting on my side, but I took my spot back, causing him to throw a fit and demand that I "moo." So we set him up on the other side, and hooked him up with his own reading material (one of my birthday cards).
Post a Comment