Monday, November 19, 2007

8 hours. No, really.


That's how much sleep I think I got last night. Not all in a row, of course, just between the hours of 10 and 10, but when you're used to getting up every hour or so to pee, that's kind of irrelevant. Two to three hour chunks are an IMPROVEMENT. In the category of "things we're going to keep trying to get away with as long as our luck holds," here's a picture of Finn right before bed last night. Last night and the night before, we put him in the seat, shut out the lights, and went to sleep. And so did he. We didn't expect it to work, but we thought it was worth a try - and it was! Two nights in a row! No, I'm not bragging, nor am I counting on it lasting. I'm just feeling the Thanksgiving spirit, and milking this for all the sleep I can.

Speaking of feeling thankful, have I mentioned that Jonathan has changed EVERY diaper so far? Or that we've decided to go with cloth, and it's going great? So right now it's still hilarious that Finn LOVES a fresh clean diaper to poop in.
Also: best eater ever, for which I can take no credit. Finn has mad skillz, and the nurses at El Camino hospital were great - SO supportive of breastfeeding, and never left the room after handing him off until they made sure we had a good latch.
And Mona almost seems to like him. She was just perched on the couch two feet away watching him, and she stays on the bed when I bring him there screaming to nurse. Murray's still terrified, though.

So things are good. My baby's awake now, and I'm going to go play with him. Before I go, here's a bonus photo: Finn and Mom yesterday before she left.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Kitcheness said...

That's fabulous! I'm glad you're getting sleep. And that you haven't had to change a diaper. :)