Sometime late last week Graham contracted some sort of virus that gave him a slight fever and skin rash. Saturday and Sunday he was definitely under the weather, and didn't sleep or nap as well as usual. He got a little more personal attention than usual, mostly because he demanded it. Monday, he seemed better, so we brought him to school. That lasted only a few minutes, and he was very sad and upset. I spent the whole day with him at home, and, except for an extra long nap (on me) seemed quite normal, but liked spending the day with me and watching a Sesame Street. He requested it by pointing at the TV and saying "Mooie."
Then came Tuesday---I wasn't in town so I'll let Katie's Facebook post tell the story: "Cried and refused to eat the whole 1/2 hour between when I dropped him off and picked him back up. Ate his muffin in the car on the way home, then came in the house, climbed on the couch, pointed at the TV, and said "Mooie!" I am sincerely hoping the doctor we see this afternoon will clear his rash as "not contagious" and the little faker can go back to day care tomorrow." (Dr. said he was fine.) Here is a pic from that day:

Today, according to Katie he went into hysterics again at drop-off today, but, just like yesterday, he is no longer sick. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice....nah, won't happen.
It is beginning to dawn on me that Graham may have been scamming us since day 1. This easygoing personality, chipper attitude, and good napping thing was all just an act, and he's been waiting patiently to take advantage of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment