Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just the four of us

My mom went back home yesterday. That was a little scary, and sad. It was way too easy to get used to having her here, and we'll miss her. But we got both boys to bed last night, got some sleep for ourselves, and got them both up - and Finn to day care - this morning. Today I'm going to concentrate on this whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing, because Graham is still eating an average of every two hours, which means I am TIRED. I'm recovering, slowly but surely, from the birth, and am glad Jonathan, my mom, Finn's day care, and this semester's relatively homework-free schedule are allowing me to take it easy. Both my brain and my body are operating at about 1/3 speed, if that.

Have you noticed that Graham is tiny? Obviously he's much smaller than his 32-pound brother, but he's also smaller than Finn ever was. You'd think a pound or so wouldn't make much difference, but he can wear things that Finn was too big for his first day home, like this awesome hat.And even though he never sleeps for very long, he's a little more agreeable about his sleeping conditions than Finn was at this age. Swaddling, for example, is optional, and seems to be on its way out.I think with all the "attention" he gets from Finn, he's going to be a pretty resilient kid. Combine that with Finn's extreme rough-and-tumble-ness, and we should be in for quite a time. In the meantime, he's pretty mellow. Here he is in an exciting 20-second hiccup clip.

Graham: Chilling, with Hiccups from Katie on Vimeo.

I updated Flickr last night, so there are more photos over there.

No comments: