I did not teach this summer, nor will I be teaching in the fall. As part of my job, I teach two quarters a year, and the other time is teaching-free, so that I can better concentrate on research and advising my students. It's a good mix. I have a number of projects that are "must finish" before baby number two comes. The completion of these projects were put in some doubt when I got to stay home with Finn for 3 days last week. But this week has been productive!
Finn really likes to be read to. Listening to books, and playing with Mr. Potato Head, are some of the few times when he is not rambunctious. One of his new favorites is "I Want to be Somebody New," by Robert Lopshire, from 1986. I'm not much of a fan. It features the passage:
You cannot sit in your old chair
Your new rear won't fit in there.
You're very big. You're very fat.
We do not care for you like that.
Now admittedly, the dog has just changed himself into an elephant, but I'm not a fan of the text.
Here is a fantastic photo I stole off of cousin Margaret's Facebook page. As we mentioned, he followed her around like a puppy at their wedding reception a few weeks back.
No comments:
Post a Comment