Although the San Francisco Zoo is quite nice, it lacks elephants. If you want see elephants, then you go to Oakland. That's just the deal. Finn really likes elephants, so to Oakland we went. They also have a nice zoo, but it is hillier and tougher getting around. We didn't get to see all of it, really, so we'll be going back again someday.
Finn doesn't say the word elephant, but instead he makes a special noise, taking after Katie. She makes really good elephant noise by forcing air out between her lips. Finn's rendition is a little more like "raspberries." You can almost get a feel for it from the video, even though I don't think it was even audible. I also note a small sigh at the end... I guess that it was time to move on.
Checking out the Elephants from Jonathan Fortney on Vimeo.
I bet you never knew that toddlers could be messy eaters. Here he is eating frozen blueberries on a hot hot hot day. Smile goofball! We'll have to keep more of those on hand in the freezer.
We had a nice 4th of July. We had friends over and enjoyed the free Los Gatos festivities. Finn and I sat and listed to the Peninsula Banjo Band for over an hour. He sat on my lap and bopped his little legs to the music.
No comments:
Post a Comment