Sunday, July 19, 2009

A day at the beach

On Thursday I stayed home so that Katie could get some serious work done for a scholarly article that she is trying to get published. Also, the dentist filled my 3 cavities that morning. Don't get me started on that. I made it 32 years without a cavity, and that will have to suffice.

It has been hot lately, so Finn and I headed to the beach after his nap. We live about 35-40 minutes from the Santa Cruz beach. It can be 90 here and 75 there. Also, if it is windy, it can FEEL like 50 there, which is what happened Thursday. COLD! But Finn and I made the best of it. It took him about a half hour to get off of my lap and even run around in the sand, but he got the hang of it. He stayed warm by clutching the small towel that I'd brought for myself. I don't think he ever even dropped it, so you can tell that he is growing up.

Note that it wasn't all fun and games. There was time for quiet reflection while staring at the open ocean.

So, yeah, it was a good day! :)

No comments: