So....you know how Finn is rough and tumble? And how I was just blogging about how I think it's good to let Finn have some space on the playground, and take some bumps and bruises? Well, on Sunday night he was right in front of me, in the kitchen, crawling out (vertically) of a plastic tub, when he slipped over and fell out face-first onto a wooden ring stacker. Yeah. The vertical wooden stick part hit him about a half inch below his eye. Yeah. It was really frickin' scary. There was a tiny amount of blood and fair amount of swelling. And much crying. Here he is about 20 minutes after the incident though, chilling on Katie's lap, while watching internet movies of cute animals, which he found pretty soothing. Like this slow loris getting
tickled.

I was kind of a mess for the next hour, since I'd seen it happen, and knew how close he came to maybe losing an eye. The next morning I went to work and before my class I was still pretty shaky. Now I'm a bit more calmed down. Here is a pic of Finn from this morning:

The nurse hot-line that we phoned said that the bruise would probably stick around for about 2 weeks. The swelling went down pretty well, which is good, considering he did NOT allow any ice to be placed on his cheek.
And on to another adventurous day in the world....
1 comment:
Don't be too hard on yourself... childhood is a long, long series of near-misse, parents in the room or not.
Post a Comment