Wednesday, May 13, 2009

He's fine! Just growly. Still.

Here's a video from this morning, so you can see how well his black eye's fading, and how it doesn't seem to phase him a bit. It's also a nice example of his growly voice, which we told the doctor about yesterday, and is apparently unusual. As you can see, he switches back and forth at will and mostly growls at toys (and animals). He also doesn't growl words, which would be kinda unsettling.

Growling about a pitcher from Katie on Vimeo.

Oh hey! We went to Finn's 18-month checkup yesterday. He's at the 50th percentile for height and 75th for weight. I forget how tall that is (32-ish inches, Jonathan thinks), but he's 27 lbs and change. He did not appreciate being made to lay down to get measured or being given a shot, and was very shy around Dr. Lee. He did run around a bit at the end so Dr. Lee could see his walk, but he wouldn't say a thing while he was in the room. Apparently 5-10 words is average at this age, so his 30-ish is just peachy, even if we're the only ones who can understand most of them.

I handed in my last final last night. I guess. It hasn't sunk in yet. It's like I've been on a roller coaster or knitting or something for a long time and I'm done and keep reminding my hands that they can LET GO already, but they just can't seem to relax. I leave tomorrow for a 3-day solo trip to Chicago (gotta burn up those frequent flyer miles before they expire!), which should help. I'll miss the boys TERRIBLY, and may have to try to catch them on Skype, but I know I'll have a great time w/ the Cieslas and that the packing/flying/sleeping/sitting-still aspects of the trip will be a lot easier this way.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You need to teach Finn to say "Luke, I am your father" in the growly voice. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, Katie!

Jess said...

I love Finn's growly voice. Casey does a kind of "redrum redrum" type growl, but it's not as nice as Finn's.