Monday, December 15, 2008

Chicken!

Jonathan returned from the grocery store earlier this fall with a whole chicken, prompting a conversation that went something like:
Me: Uh, what's this?
Him: It's a chicken. Didn't you say you'd really like to know how to roast a chicken?
Me: Uh-huh. I'd also really like to lose 20 pounds, learn Spanish, and visit the Galapagos Islands, but I don't think any of that's going to happen this semester. [Stares.]
Him: [Puts chicken in freezer.]

The semester ended last week, and this weekend I roasted the chicken, which has been glaring accusingly at me every time I opened the freezer ever since. After a brief consultation with the internet, it wasn't that tough, and the results were mighty tasty. ARE mighty tasty, I should say - we're still working on the leftovers. And I was just so inordinately pleased with myself that I had to post a photo, so here you are.

Come visit! I'll roast you a chicken! Um. If I'm not taking nine credits at the time.

2 comments:

S said...

Your chicken looks so tasty all nestled in its bed of vegetables (are those brussel sprouts I see?). Gordon roasted a duck for Thanksgiving this year and it was pretty awesome. Isn't roasting whole birds fun?

Jonathan said...

Hasn't everyone bought an impulse chicken? Of course you have! That's why they keep them up front next to the gum and Us Weekly.