Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Family Ties

As you might imagine, Finn was a big hit all across the midwest. Below is Finn with my mom's mom, great grandma Dolores. We only had a few hours together because she flew to CA for a family wedding.

I like this pic below of Finn on the farm. One thing that I really wish we had at our place is a yard! (We have a little yard, but it is all our landlord's plants--no grass--so it doesn't really count.)


Now we're working towards getting back to real life, which is pretty difficult. It's tough to go from being with family and the back-home friends to getting back into life in far off California. Don't get me wrong--we like it out here a lot--but being so far away from "home" is the toughest part.

Katie is at the first day of her fall internship at the Stanford law library. Finn's daycare is closed for training today and tomorrow, so I'll be home with the little man back-to-back days! So I guess Daddy Fridays aren't over just yet. I have a TON to do before I leave for Switzerland a week from Saturday (for a conference) so next week I'll be working nearly round-the-clock, maybe. I'll try to get a few things done this week too, but the house is, ah, messy, so that needs my immediate attention.

No comments: