Monday, July 28, 2008

Just me and the boy tonight!

First off, congrats to Ellen Carlson who gave the world boy #2, Abbott, 2 days ago. Yay Carlsons! Tonight Katie is staying at the Beyer/Mastrapa house; since Ross is out of town all week, Rachel could use some company. Tonight I put Finn to bed myself. Bath time was an epic splashfest, for the very first time! He was very awake and attentive during story time, which is his last thing before bed. Sometimes he sleeps right through it for Katie--never for me. In fact he was so awake he just stared and yelled at me when I set him into his crib at 7:15, 15 minutes later than usual. But after I shut the door, he went silent within 5 seconds. I can only imagine that he really knew it was time for bed. He really seems to like his bedtime routine. If only we had something similar for naptime...

I got him this balloon at the grocery store, and he's been a big fan. I think there is only a couple more days of helium left in it, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jonathan! Boy #2 is hanging out on my lap right now, sleeping, as usual. It's kind of a nice start to a big transition :)
Abbott definetely has a different personality than his older brother, but who knows what it will be! :)