Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mama's home... and Happy 4th of July!

I made it to and from Anaheim safe and sound. It was a great trip - I met some neat people, saw some interesting talks, got some free books, and had a wonderful time with Nina, my Mom, and Teri (yay Disneyland!). By Monday I was really looking forward to going home, though, and on Tuesday I ended up flying standby and getting a much earlier flight so I could be home before Finn's bedtime.

Here's my mom at the conference trying out the Wii Fit, getting hit on the head with a soccer cleat. Good times. Yes, this was part of the conference.

Mom on the Wii Fit from Katie on Vimeo.
And here's Finn's reaction to seeing me at the airport. He may have thought I was never coming back.

Reunion from Katie on Vimeo.

Finn got a crazy cold while I was gone, and has basically been a big snot ball for days. I don't know how we'd survive without our Nosefrida, or how that much snot comes out of that little nose. Eeew. He even finally got so sick it affected his moods; Christine and Dereck were visiting from New Jersey the other day and got to meet Finn for the first time, and I don't know if they believe that he smiles. But we turned a corner yesterday, and despite the snot and the new teeth and the weather, he's our little grinner again.

Oh! And yesterday while sitting in a little wagon at Jason & Gwen's 4th of July barbeque, he pulled himself up to standing, and then sat back down. I missed it, but Jonathan was there. Soon he'll be running all over, I'm sure, but in the meantime he can still only crawl in his head.
Also, he LOVES plums - thanks Jason & Gwen!

Happy 4th from Finn! More at my and Jonathan's Flickr sites.

No comments: