Last night we had Thomas (who's promised to post new Finn photos soon) and Amy over for dinner, and this new "pretend we're people who have free time after Finn goes to bed" seems to be working pretty well. I'm currently caught up with all my homework, and may even resume knitting this week, assuming I can handle having a giant pile of afghan on my lap in this weather.
We had a pretty mellow Fathers Day. I had some school-related stuff to do, so Jonathan had volunteered for primary Finn duty. Finn was the fussiest and neediest I've seen him in ages, so we decided to ditch our stay-indoors-and-be-studious plans and head for the park - where I was still kinda studious. The photo on the right is Jonathan and Finn at the park this afternoon, with Finn doing his new goofy grimacing face. You can see that his teeth are full-fledged biters now - not that he uses them. The road back to solids is bumpy. We got him to take milk from a spoon yesterday, but once we started mixing in cereal he stopped opening his mouth. We had a little better luck with some cooked egg yolks today, especially when we let him "drink" (read "backwash") from a glass of water in between bites. We've got some bananas ripening in the kitchen and hopefully we can re-introduce those later in the week.
Sleep habits are still... kind of okay. We've had a couple nights where he only got up once, but usually it's 3 times. We're trying to gradually move his bedtime closer to 7 to stop this whole getting up for the day at 5:30 thing that seems to happen a couple times a week. And my favorite: Jonathan's taking one of the feedings all by himself, so that I'm more likely to be able to stay in my own lane on the way to work in the mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment