Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane / 6 months!


Tonight we'll be packing up a large suitcase, a big backpack, a small backpack, a purse, another bag, a car seat, and a diaper bag, in preparation for our non-stop flight to Boston tomorrow morning. In Boston I have two scientific meetings (I'm giving a talk at each), and we'll be staying at 2 different hotels and with 2 different sets of friends.

Thankfully we won't have to bring all of our baby gear, as we'll be renting a stroller and exersaucer from www.babysawaynewengland.com. They even deliver! The family has emerged relatively unscathed from Katie's final school projects, which are now essentially done. Katie is looking forward to relaxing in Boston Common with Finn while I'm droppin' my science. This will also be a nice test to see if Finn starts feeling better after 12 days away from the Northern California air / daycare air.

His 6-month checkup yesterday went as well as expended. (Yesterday was also his 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY! Where has the time gone?!) He still has the crud, but is otherwise healthy. His growth is slowing a bit: 18 lbs, 11 oz (73rd percentile) and 26 inches (50% percentile.) He's still got a big noggin though (80th percentile). I think the next solid food we'll try will be bananas.

No comments: