Feeding your baby is an amazing thing. I think

since I've been doing it eight or ten times a day (often half asleep) I've started to take it for granted, but last night Jonathan got to feed Finn for the first time, and being outside the process and watching how the experience affected Jonathan was a good reminder of what it felt like for me the first few days. You realize as you watch them struggling to manage the apparently highly complicated task of integrating swallowing with breathing that very simple things you do, like picking them up or giving them a little food, are the biggest things in their world. They depend on and trust in you for everything, and you just might be up to it. And they just might manage the whole swallowing/breathing thing without drowning on milk. Really, I had my moments of doubt last night - Finn was going
nuts with that bottle.
Plus it's unbelievably cute when he's done eating and snuggles up into a ball on your chest and makes his funny
grunty breathing noises.
1 comment:
so cute! i can't believe how big he is... amazing.
Post a Comment