I'm in Germany, at a, um, castle, in the, ah, Alps, at a little workshop about the James Webb Space Telescope. Katie, who I've leaned on a lot these past couple months, and I powwowed over google video chat and we decided that we had to act fast. On Katie's lunch hour (2 hours after the news dropped) she drove a deposit check over to another daycare center in town (which we really liked when we visited) and now Finn is all signed up, 5 days a week, but Graham can only get in M, Th, F, so now we'll have to figure out what happens on Tu-W. But it is better than nothing. I bet if we'd waited a day that this new place would have been all filled up with new kids, and we'd have been in REAL trouble.
So, the boys were only at the new school, A Child's Reflection, for 2 months. Finn had a really fun time there, and Graham seemed to like it pretty well. Katie and I never really found our comfort level. It was bigger and more impersonal than we were used to. It was just OK. But scary to have it leave so fast: Poof!
I'm getting all worked up again just writing about it. To calm myself down I'll think of the nice view from the castle. I'll share the view with you too. Yes, it snowed.

No comments:
Post a Comment