Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pinned again

Finn sleeps in his own room at night, technically in his crib (just not on the mattress). And for a two-month-old he sleeps pretty well. Last night he went about 5 hours between his pre-bedtime feeding and the first time he woke us up. He goes right back down after I feed him, and will usually keep going back to sleep until 7 or 8 if it's a day where we're not scurrying out the door to school and work.
But daytime naps are another story. So here I am, under a sleeping baby, not quite willing to risk waking him up by moving. I mean, if I did, what would I do? Another load of dishes, maybe put some laundry away, read a book, check friends' blogs, read the news, watch a movie, play Scrabulous. And if I don't get up, I can read a book, check friends' blogs, read the news, watch a movie, play Scrabulous... so that's why I've been in this chair for about an hour, was here for about an hour this morning, and will probably be here on and off for much of the afternoon. Fortunately, before I sat down I made sure the camera & USB connector were nearby in addition to the usual computer-novel-burpcloth setup.
More at Flickr, as usual.

No comments: