Friday, March 6, 2009

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...

That's when Jonathan gets back from Florida. Hooray!

Finn and I have done pretty well on our own this week, but I'm definitely looking forward to having Jonathan back. Sunday morning I am SLEEPING IN.

Few photos this week, but I have a video backlog, so here we go. First up, Finn and I hit the San Jose Children's Discovery Museum last Tuesday because it was too rainy for the park. Here he is at his favorite part, the giant soft blocks. We were there for 3 or 4 hours, after which I was absolutely exhausted. This Tuesday we went to hang out at Jessica and Caitlin's on Tuesday instead; he had just as much fun, and I still had enough energy to carry him to and from the tub at the end of the day. He played Ring Around the Rosey with Caitlin and me - didn't know exactly what was going on, but had a good time all the same (par for the course for him, I suppose).

Giant blocks from Katie on Vimeo.

Then last weekend, the day before Jonathan left, we checked out the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo. Probably not worth that long of a drive very often, but we also stopped for cupcakes, so it was all good. The geese won the Finn's-favorite-animals prize due to their combination of a) size b) awakeness c) closeness to the fence. He liked them almost as much as he liked running up and down the bridge.

Geese and a bridge from Katie on Vimeo.

And here's one from tonight of him making elephant noises for the elephant Amy made him for his birthday. He likes it better when Jonathan and I do it, but isn't afraid to give it a go himself. Speaking of animal noises, he will now "moo" and "baa" sometimes when prompted at the appropriate point in "Old MacDonald," which is pretty awesome.

Elephant noises, aka spitting from Katie on Vimeo.

Some recent photos on Flickr.

No comments: